Run, walk or cycle 450 miles to complete a virtual 'Lap of Yorkshire' this June
How do I take part?
- Decide on whether you would like to take part as an individual or team.
- Challenge yourself, connect with your team and make a difference.
- Download the Strava App and set up a profile.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your team details. Don’t forget to choose a team captain.
- We will set you up a club on Strava and add your members. From here, your accumulative miles will be added up and we can post handy updates on how far you are around Yorkshire.
- Make a £10 donation per participant to our #LifeAfterLockdown campaign . Alternatively, contact us to set up a fundraising page for your team, set yourselves a target and smash it!
- Start your virtual run, walk or cycle and have a blast. You have 30 days in June to complete the challenge.
- Keep an eye on your team’s miles, encourage one another, upload pictures.
- Host a ‘Finish Line’ virtual event with your brilliant team.
- Wait for your medal and enjoy the warm glow of knowing your epic challenge will help to keep local young people who are facing homelessness safe.
**PLEASE FOLLOW THE MOST UP TO DATE GUIDANCE ABOUT SOCIAL DISTANCING AND DO NOT EXERCISE WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD, UNLESS ADVISED OTHERWISE.** Visit UK Athletics for the most up to date information.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I have to use Strava?
No. We have found this to be the most user-friendly App to log mileage, but use whatever program that your team prefers. Just let us know when you hit 450 miles!
- Can we run together?
Please follow the most up to date Government guidelines regarding social distancing.
- Do we have to fundraise?
We ask all participants to make a £10 donation to take part and encourage additional team fundraising, but this is only if you want to. Please know that every penny raised will help us to continue our vital work supporting young people who are facing homelessness.
@sashinyork · May 28
Buy a SASH vest or T-shirt!
Complete your #LapOfYorkshire in style. Contact us for a running vest or T-Shirt. Email email@example.com