Run, walk or cycle 450 miles to complete a virtual 'Lap of Yorkshire' this summer
How do I take part?
1. Get your team together.
2. Decide whether you will be running, walking, cycling or doing a mixture and how you will divide the mileage.
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you are taking part.
4. Set up your team JustGiving page. You do this by clicking on the orange ‘Start Fundraising’ button at the top of the page for our #LifeAfterLockdown campaign. We are asking every team member to donate £10 each and encourage your team to fundraise on top of this by sharing your page with your network. This is not a requirement at all, so if you can only make the £10 donation, that’s great too!
5. Log your miles on an app such as Strava. The team captain will need to keep a track of collective mileage.
6. We recommend setting up a Whatsapp Group with your team and sharing mileage on that.
7. Let us know if any team members would like to purchase a SASH T-shirt or running vest to complete their challenge in. The sizes are S,M,L or XL and are £10 each.
8. Keep updating us with how your team is doing, send us pictures and have fun!
9. If you are hosting or would like to host a ‘Finish Line’ event please let us know and we can ‘drop in’ to tell you a little bit about the difference you have made to local young people facing homelessness.
10. Send us your team captain’s postal address to send your awesome medals to.
11. Thank you for changing the lives of local young people in crisis. Together we are preventing youth homelessness.
**PLEASE FOLLOW THE MOST UP TO DATE GUIDANCE ABOUT SOCIAL DISTANCING AND DO NOT EXERCISE WITH ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD, UNLESS ADVISED OTHERWISE.** Visit UK Athletics for the most up to date information.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I have to use Strava?
No. We have found this to be the most user-friendly App to log mileage, but use whatever program that your team prefers. Just let us know when you hit 450 miles!
- Can we run together?
Please follow the most up to date Government guidelines regarding social distancing.
- Do we have to fundraise?
We ask all participants to make a £10 donation to take part and encourage additional team fundraising, but this is only if you want to. Please know that every penny raised will help us to continue our vital work supporting young people who are facing homelessness.
Buy a SASH vest or T-shirt!
Complete your #LapOfYorkshire in style. Contact us for a running vest or T-Shirt. Email email@example.com