Make a difference to young people facing homelessness this Christmas
Here’s how you can change a young person’s life this Christmas
Christmas should be a time of celebration, but for some, it’s a time of despair and extreme loneliness. With your help, we can ensure young people, facing homelessness have a safe and warm place to stay, this Christmas.
This year we want to make Christmas extra special. As well as giving every young person a safe place to stay, we will give them all a small gift linked to their hobbies and interests. The young people will also be invited to festive activities, such as a Christmas lunch, the panto and ice-skating.
Unfortunately, because of this and our limited storage space, we will not be able to take donations of gifts or items this year. However, there are lots of other ways that you can help to keep young people safe this Christmas.
Here’s a video from Tiff to tell you about our Christmas plans and how you can make a difference.
How can I make a real difference this Christmas?
- One donation. Twice the impact. For one week only, from #GivingTuesday (3 December) any donations made to SASH via The Big Give website will be doubled, at no extra cost to you. This Christmas we are hoping to raise £25,000. Please ‘watch this space’ for more information or get in touch with the office directly.
- Volunteer – We need lots of volunteers for events that we and/our supporters are holding over the Festive period. Come and give an hour or two of your time to help make these events a success. Contact email@example.com for a chat.
- Hold a Christmas Fundraiser – Don your jazziest Christmas jumper, host a Supper for SASH or wrap gifts for donations. Download your Fundraising Pack to the right of this page. We will put every penny that you raise to work straight away, keeping young people safe.
- Invite us for a cuppa – We would love to come and have a chat with you about they work we do and how you can get involved, we could even deliver a talk to your colleagues or community group. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
- Give a young person a safe nights sleep – Download, print, make and fill the box to the right of this page with £18.50. This is how much it costs to provide a young person with a safe night’s sleep in the home of a volunteer host.
If you would prefer to donate items that you have collected, there are many other fantastic local charities who would welcome them. These include:
Could you make a difference all year round?
Every year we help over 300 young people facing homelessness. Our services are needed 12 months of the year. Most of our Regular Givers donate around £10 a month. Any gift that you can afford can change the lives of local young people.
Want to get even more involved?
Jenna would love to have a chat with you about ways that you can support the work we do.
Email email@example.com or call 01904 652043.